Welcome to Project C.U.R.E. Phoenix
The Project C.U.R.E. Phoenix Distribution Center is a fun and vibrant place to volunteer. Currently, we are in need of volunteers of all types - bring yourself or bring a group!.
Group Volunteer Opportunities: We need groups of volunteers to help sort and package medical supplies for shipment, stock inventory, prepare for shipments, and load containers. Groups of <20 people are ideal, but larger groups can be accommodated. We ask that all student groups be high school age or older.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities: Individuals with time to make a monthly commitment to volunteer at Project C.U.R.E. are our greatest assets. Below are opportunities listed in order of priority. For all individual volunteer opportunities, our goal is to have the volunteer commit to at least 3 hours/month.
We Need You!
- Drivers: We need drivers to pick up supplies from local hospitals or clinics and bring them to our warehouse. Drive our 16-foot box truck, our 12-passenger van or your own vehicle. May require some lifting. A CDL is not required. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Medical Supply Sorting: We need doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel to be the first line of quality assurance. As medical experts, you will ensure supplies’ integrity as well as help sort donations. This is also a great educational experience for those aspiring to work in the medical field. Various shifts are available during the week.
- Sort Team Leaders: Lead our large groups of volunteers in sorting and packaging medical supplies. Medical experience is not required but is helpful. Leaders must complete a training session. Sign up for daytime, evening, or weekend shifts depending on your schedule.
- Warehouse Volunteers: We need volunteers to help keep our warehouse organized, drive forklifts, prepare for shipments, unload donations, and load containers for shipment. May require some physical labor. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Surgical/Laboratory Experts: We need people with specialized medical training to ensure equipment is fit for donation. This may involve checking equipment, sorting supplies, or packaging surgical and lab donations for shipment. We also need friendly and personable volunteers to help us reach out to potential donors and help maintain relationships with our current donors. Various shifts are available Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Biomedical Technicians: We need people with engineering and biomedical backgrounds to ensure equipment is fit for donation. This may involve checking and repairing equipment, sorting supplies, or packaging donations for shipment. Biomed primarily occurs on Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Other times may be available upon request.
- Office Volunteers: We need outgoing and friendly volunteers to manage our front desk, greet guests, answer phones, and help with administrative projects. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Arizona Ambassador Board Corner
UPCOMING EVENTS - Check back soon for events.
Get to Know Charles G. Irion Interview HERE.
The October 2019 Arizona Ambassador Board Newsletter is HERE. See what we've been up to.
Birdies for Charities - Raising Funds for a Container to Kabul, Afghanistan
Project C.U.R.E. has a wonderful opportunity to earn money for each birdie made during the 2020 Waste Management Phoenix Open. It is super easy to pledge. Click on the logo above and you will be redirected to the Birdies for Charities page. Click Donate Now and then complete the required information and enter “Project C.U.R.E.” in the organization box. All pledges must be submitted by 5 p.m. Sunday, February 2nd, 2020.