Effective date: July 09, 2018
Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://projectcure.org website (the "Service").
Project C.U.R.E. is committed to donor privacy
We respect your privacy and do not rent, sell, or exchange our mailing lists. We may disclose some personal information to select third parties in order to more effectively target our donor communications.
Service: Service is the https://projectcure.org/ website operated by Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E.
Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Donor information is not shared, stored, or sold. This policy includes all donor information whether it is obtained online or offline.
Types of Data Collected
Personal Data: While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Usage Data: We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Location Data: We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data: Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data: Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Online Data Security
All response forms requesting confidential information (such as credit card numbers) on Project C.U.R.E.’s website utilize the Internet security protocol known as “Secure Sockets Layer” or “SSL.” This is a certification and encryption technology designed to make using your credit card as safe as possible on the Internet.
Independent agencies report that, statistically speaking, using a credit card on the Internet through SSL is far safer than submitting your credit card to a clerk in the grocery store, or over an open telephone line. In fact, they report that there are no recorded instances of someone “breaking” SSL encryption and using credit card information stored therein for fraudulent purposes.
The SSL technology depends on secure Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) which are certified by a certifying authority such as Thawte. Secure URLs always begin with “https://” rather than “https://” and if you are using one from a browser that recognizes SSL, you will generally also receive a preceding message and/or see a symbol, such as a lock, that signifies that you are on a secure page. Any information you enter on such a page is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, then de-encrypted at our servers.
If your browser doesn’t support SSL technology, you will receive an error message when trying to access our SSL page.
Once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted Project C.U.R.E. staff who have been specially trained in processing this information.
Most points on our site provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request contact information about the visitor. There are, however, a few places where users do not have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications. Should you wish to opt-out, please contact us or call 1-303-792-0729 and we will unsubscribe you from receiving further communications from us.
Users may also opt-out at any time by contacting us following the methods provided in the “modifying your information” section below.
This site contains links to other sites. Project C.U.R.E. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Modifying your information
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service; or for changing or modifying information previously provided.
- Send us a message with your request.
- You can send postal mail to the following address: Project C.U.R.E., 10377 E. Geddes Avenue Centennial, CO 80112
- You can call the following telephone number: 1-303-792-0729
When contacting us to change your status, be sure to include any information that would help us identify you on our lists, such as complete contact information (name, postal address, telephone number, and email address), any Project C.U.R.E. account number(s), or information about venues in which you gave us your contact information online (guestbook, survey, etc.)
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements: Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data: The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" Signals Under California Online
Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA): We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Benevolent Healthcare Foundation dba Project C.U.R.E. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics: We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Payments: We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Children's Privacy: Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: INFO@PROJECTCURE.ORG
- By visiting this page on our website: https://projectcure.org/
- By phone number: 303-792-0729
- By mail: 10377 E. Geddes Ave., Suite 200, Centennial, CO 80112